Pumpkin Soup (Serves 6)
- 2¼ lbs / 1 kg pumpkin
- 1 lb / 500g carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1¾ pints / 1l water or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F / gas mark 6.
- Peel and chop pumpkin into chunks and place on a lined baking tray.
- Wash carrots, chop roughly, and place on a separate lined baking tray.
- Drizzle olive oil on both trays, season with salt, pepper, and a little cinnamon. Mix well.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes until caramelised.
- Blend roasted pumpkin and carrot with about ¾ of the water and ginger if desired.
- Adjust consistency with more water.
- Serve hot and enjoy the nourishing soup!