If you feel you are falling apart then read this…
Hows your week been?
- Studies reveal mindfulness lowers blood pressure, improves your heart, decreases cognitive decline, improves immune response, reduces ageing cells and reduces psychological pain.
- Several studies show that mindfulness meditations raise T-cell activity in cancer patients and improve various bio markers.
- Another study showed people who practiced mindfulness had increased levels of interleukin-8 in their nasal passage, which results in an increase in immunity.
- Mindfulness can also reduce cell ageing.
In fact, there are so many studies into mindfulness and anti-ageing that I could write a whole book on that subject alone.
So, this shows us is that if you want to heal your body and mind, you would be daft not to allow it into your everyday routine.
Not only is it highly beneficial, it’s very simple, does not take up much time and it’s free.
Ways to be mindful
- A body scan
- A mind scan
- Sitting and chanting
- Sitting and observing one thing, like a flame from a candle or fire, or a ripple on the water.
- Saying a mantra over and over
- Doing breath work and observing your breathing
- Observing nature and being present of how it feels within and around you
- Hugging a tree and observing it in all your senses
Another study showed that 70 patients who were engaged in gratitude journalling showed an increase in HRV ( a marker for improved health ) compared to the control group who did not.
Gratitude brings you back from flight or fight.
Our heart beat patterns reflect our emotions, and our emotions reflect our heart beat patterns. Telling the body we are safe will ensure consistency in healing these patterns, thus raising our HRV, thus strengthening our Parasympathetic Nervous System, thus strengthening our vagus nerve, thus making us live a longer, healthier, happier life.